The individual will be responsible for performing the fund accounting and analysis functions for investment partnerships and accounts managed by the Firm.
- Perform the day-to-day accounting for private equity funds and related investment vehicles.
- Review quarterly and annual NAV and financial statement packages, including investor reporting.
- Manage recurring client deliverables, including standard ILPA and additional client-requested reporting.
- Manage, monitor, and provide guidance to the outsourced accounting provider(s).
- Calculate and review quarterly management fee and carried interest waterfall calculations.
- Manage the funds’ cash balances to determine the need for capital calls, distributions.
- Review capital call and distributions notices to investors.
- Collaborate with other teams throughout the firm, including tax, legal, treasury, client services, portfolio management, etc.
- Support investment and client relationship personnel on ad-hoc requests.
- Assist in preparation of financial statement audits and regulatory compliance reporting for the various partnerships and companies.
- General accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance with outstanding academic credentials; applicable coursework or internship in the field of investments or financial markets.
- 3 - 6 years of experience working for a financial services firm or top tier accounting firm.
- CPA preferred.
- Accounting experience in managing private equity, hedge funds or similar types of alternative products is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of partnership accounting as well as exposure to financial reporting, auditing, and tax. Private equity experiences is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker with the ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks and effectively manage deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Investran system is preferred, but not required.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V