The SEC Reporting Manager assists with the Firm’s external financial reporting function (SEC financial reporting and compliance). This position will support the timely financial completeness of all periodic, annual, and other financial-related SEC filings.
This role will be expected to develop strong working relationship and demonstrate the ability to work in a cross functional team across Corporate Accounting, Investor Relations, Fund Accounting, Legal, Tax, Human Resources and Corporate Development.
This position will report directly to the Director of Accounting Policy & SEC Reporting, who oversees the Firm’s external financial reporting function and technical accounting policies.
- Preparation of periodic financial filings (10-K, 10-Qs), such as EPS calculations, segment reporting, MD&A narratives and footnote disclosures. Includes gathering and analyzing relevant data to prepare disclosures.
- Proactively maintain relationships with external auditors to facilitate timely and efficient completion of required audits. Provide audit supporting documentation.
- Provide data to the investor relations team to be used in the quarterly earnings release and other analyst information needs (e.g., analyst calls and presentations)
- Ensure compliance with Edgar and XBRL SEC filing requirements.
- Assist with research and monitoring of industry peers for emerging trends and best practices.
- Support internal control compliance (SOX 404) over Firm’s SEC reporting function.
- Assist the Director with coordination across other Firm departments to ensure the effective adoption of new accounting pronouncements. Ensure that new accounting processes and procedures necessary for such adoption are put into place, contain the appropriate level of internal controls, and have a related process to aggregate required disclosures.\
- Other duties as assigned by Firm’s Director of Accounting Policy & SEC Reporting.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in Accounting with outstanding academic credentials; CPA strongly preferred.
- 3-6 years of professional experience in audit and/or SEC reporting; prior experience in Big 4 public accounting strongly preferred.
- Background in the financial services industry desired; knowledge of the alternative asset management industry a plus.
- Knowledge of SEC financial reporting rules and regulations for periodic reporting (10-K, 10-Qs) and other areas.
- Experience with internal control compliance (SOX 404).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to establish working relationships across many Firm departments.
- Experience with Workiva a plus.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP. Proficiency in technical accounting research, analysis, and documentation a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented – must be able to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to operate under pressure and manage to strict deadlines.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. The individual will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, the individual will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V