The Accounting Associate will be responsible for the treasury, accounting and financial reporting for Grosvenor Holdings, its affiliated entities and certain personal accounts for members in the Office of the Chairman. Additionally, this role will include supporting all the initiatives of the CEO and Chairman and President of Grosvenor Capital Management Holdings LLLP and the CFO of Grosvenor Holdings.
- Perform the treasury function for various ownership and investment entities, including corporate and personal accounts.
- Prepare daily bank account reconciliations for all open accounts and research any reconciling items.
- Prepare ACH, wires, checks, and drawing on lines of credit.
- Perform accounts payable function, including reviewing invoices and bills for accuracy and ensuring timely payment; create and invoice intercompany departments for services, shared expenses or other intercompany items.
- Prepare bank reporting for outstanding lines of credit.
- Maintain monthly cash flow projections and analysis for all corporate and personal accounts to ensure appropriate levels of working capital and cash reserves.
- Assist with processing quarterly profits distribution payments to partners
- Responsible for the monthly/quarterly and annual close for several business and personal entities including preparing the monthly financial statements, cash flow analysis, budget analysis, forecasts, and other management reports for all corporate entities.
- Perform preliminary analytical review on significant changes in balance sheet and income statement accounts for quarterly and annual reporting. Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, financial statements are analyzed and reviewed, accounts are reconciled, accruals are appropriate, assets are capitalized and depreciated according to policy and expenses are properly allocated among entities.
- Support monthly close for proprietary investment portfolios which includes amongst other things, accounting for the investment portfolio, allocations of profit and loss and reporting capital balances to the partners.
- Perform portfolio investment functions including summarizing investments, preparing subscription documents, following GCM compliance procedures, reconciling capital calls, and confirmation of wire instructions.
- Accounting for the corporate plane which includes determining the appropriateness of billing package prepared by third party management company and booking all income and expense generated by our flight department operations, allocating costs to corporate entities and maintain flight tracking schedules to ensure compliance with IRS and FAA regulations.
- Prepare draft audited financial statements and supporting work papers in connection with audits of various entities.
- Collect supporting tax documentation and prepare tax work papers to assist external tax consultants with the preparation of all international, federal, and state tax returns. Review draft partner allocations, Schedule K-1s and all tax returns for appropriateness and accuracy. Prepare annual Form 1099 tax filing for various partnership entities; prepare quarterly tax estimates.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in Accounting with outstanding academic credentials.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working for a top-tier public accounting firm or financial services firm, with specialization in investment partnerships preferred.
- Must have highest level of integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality of all work.
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet multiple deadlines and maintain flexibility to respond to changing and challenging business requests.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to find creative solutions to problems (strong analytical skills).
- Strong PC skills including excel spreadsheets, word processing, database applications, and general ledger software.
- Understanding of general corporate accounting, including experience with account reconciliations, accruals, and exposure to budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis.
- Outstanding organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and goal-oriented environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to various changing working conditions based on the priorities of senior management.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V