Join the Private Equity Co-Investments team as an Associate. The Associate will be involved in all aspects of private equity investments, including due diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Play an active role in investment transactions from start to finish, including screening opportunities, conducting due diligence and monitoring investments post-close. Due diligence process includes understanding company business models, researching industry and competitive landscape, assessing sponsor fit, analyzing valuation, sensitizing company operating models, and reviewing all third-party diligence reports.
- Prepare investment memorandums along with due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Think as a principal investor, converting market knowledge and due diligence findings into well-developed investment recommendations.
- Partner with legal counsel to review deal terms, negotiate and execute investment transactions.
- Coordinate operational due diligence workflow and facilitate closing process.
- Support client relationship management through providing periodic updates on company/portfolio performance and drafting investor communications.
- Support fundraising efforts for private equity separate account mandates and commingled funds.
- Build and modify models for investment program cash flow projection, fund cash flow and return analysis, and co-investment return and sensitivity analyses.
- Supervise junior analysts/interns by training them on investment analysis and internal processes.
- Assist with special projects (business development, investor relations, strategic initiatives, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics with outstanding academic credentials
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in private equity, investment banking or consulting/advisory.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deal teams, often on several transactions or potential opportunities simultaneously, under tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work both independently and as a productive member of project teams.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization.
- High degree of integrity.
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. The candidate will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, the candidate will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V