Working with our Absolute Return Strategies Fund Finance team, the individual in this position will be responsible for performing fund accounting and analysis functions for investment partnerships and accounts managed by the Firm.
GCM Grosvenor manages over $25 billion in absolute return strategies and has been investing in these strategies since 1971. Our scale and breadth of activity affords us a comprehensive lens on the market and a discerning view of investment opportunities. The Absolute Return Strategies team, comprised of over 60 investment professionals, invests in more than 170 funds covering credit, equities, relative value, macro, commodities, and multi-strategy investments.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Perform the day-to-day accounting for investment partnerships and accounts managed by GCM Grosvenor.
- Analyze internal and external data sources to create client deliverables.
- Liaise between the Firm and underlying managers/administrators.
- Responsible for the calculation and accurate reporting of underlying manager performance
- Assist in preparation of financial statement audits and regulatory compliance reporting for the various partnerships and companies.
- Complete preparation and analytical review of weekly and monthly fund performance and investor reporting.
- Support investment and client service personnel on ad-hoc requests.
- Complete general accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance with outstanding academic credentials; applicable coursework or internship in the field of investments or financial markets.
- 2 - 5 years of experience working for a financial services firm or top-tier accounting firm, with specialization in investment partnerships, hedge fund of funds, mutual funds or private equity.
- Accounting experience in managing hedge funds preferred.
- Experience with spreadsheets, general ledger and portfolio software required.
- Technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks.
- Sound judgement and logical reasoning.
- Exposure to financial reporting, auditing and tax.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $71 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and our experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
Successful team members are self-motivated and energized by working alongside thoughtful and smart colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals professionally. We are dedicated to training, retaining, and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive.
Learn more at www.gcmgrosvenor.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V