GCM Grosvenor is seeking an additional member of its Private Equity Investments team, focusing on the primaries vertical. As a Senior Analyst or first year Associate, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of private equity fund investments, including due diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring.
The individual will participate in the following activities:
- Screen, analyze, review and monitor private equity opportunities, including both qualitative and quantitative fund assessments
- Attend meetings with private equity managers raising funds.
- Draft investment memos, writing theses on private equity managers in due diligence.
- Perform various analyses on manager’s track record to understand operating performance and returns.
- Present recommendations along with due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Monitor and report on company/portfolio performance and draft investor communications, including periodic updates on company/portfolio performance.
- Support fundraising efforts for private equity separate account mandates and commingled funds.
- Client relationship management support including ongoing portfolio management and reporting activities.
- Think as a principal investor, converting market knowledge and due diligence findings into well-developed investment recommendations.
- Develop market research and provide knowledge transfer to clients.
- Mentor and train new analysts and interns, informing them on investment analysis and internal processes, as well as coaching them on processes.
- Assist with special projects (business development, investor relations) on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related degree with superior academic performance.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in private equity, asset management, investment banking or investment related role.
- Prior experience underwriting primary fund investments and managing multi-year primary fund pipelines preferred.
- Prior exposure to the investor side of buyout and growth capital funds preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate opinions and write clear and concise memoranda on investment opportunities.
- Highly motivated and industrious investment professional who is a self-starter, has good judgment and strong organizational skills, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and desire to work in dynamic, entrepreneurial organization.
- Strong quantitative skills, analytical ability, and investment judgement.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, research, and other computer applications.
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and high degree of integrity.
- Ability to effectively interact with a large diverse team and to work both independently and as a productive member of transaction teams.
- Capacity to balance multiple concurrent projects and to prioritize workload and shift attention among changing tasks and priorities.
WHO WE ARE
GCM Grosvenor (NASDAQ: GCMG) is a global alternatives investment firm with approximately $65 billion in assets under management in private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, absolute return strategies, and multi-asset class opportunistic investments. We have specialized in alternatives since 1971, and we are dedicated to unlocking value for our clients by leveraging our cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
Our experienced team of approximately 500 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. GCM Grosvenor is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
In terms of cultural fit, a successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, and productive colleagues. They will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence, operate with a high level of professional maturity and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, they will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and ability to exercise discretion and judgement.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. 57% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 40% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professional organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V