Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) protects the worlds most influential and at-risk public figures. Founded in 1978 by 3-time Presidential appointee, Gavin de Becker, our firm’s Protectors, Analysts, and Investigators are committed to our mission of protecting human life through the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
** First year earnings range from $85k-$100k based on a 40 hour work week. A sign-on bonus and training scholarship are also available (see details below). Base earnings and sign-on bonus will be commensurate with experience. Visit our Earnings and Benefits Page to learn more about additional overtime opportunities, bonuses, travel pay, and more: www.gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits**
Mission: The Safety, Privacy and Wellbeing of our Clients.
- Provide protection and logistical support at clients' homes and when they travel
- Detect and defeat adversaries
- Create and maintain readiness to meet any threat
- Survey and prepare locations prior to arrival of the protected person
- Coordinate and execute plans for security and medical emergencies
Interested candidates should expect the following:
- $3k-$10k sign-on bonus (commensurate with experience and training academy performance)
- Industry-Leading Compensation
- International/Domestic Travel when required
- 12-Day Introductory Training Academy, plus continual training and qualifications
- Highest Standard of Quality and Resources in the Industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401k.
- Gym, Massage, Ammunition and Cellphone Reimbursements.
Successful Candidates will have these attributes:
- 2+ years of Military or Law Enforcement experience (National Guard and Reservists are welcome to apply)
- 2+ years of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic experience
- Wish to be of service and protect others
- Excellent communication ability
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of attentiveness and energy
- Excellent health and fitness, able to pass physical readiness test
- Drug and nicotine free
- Can pass a pre-employment background investigation
Valuable Qualifications (though not required):
- If Private Security background, experience in Close Protection
- Assigned to Military Protective Security Operations Units; specifically, Air Force OSI, Army CID, Marine Corps CID, or Navy NCIS
- Assigned to Law Enforcement Protection Units (for example, close protection of Mayors, Governors, Federal Government Officials)
- Ability to acquire or already in possession of CA CCW or LEOSA/HR-218 Firearm Qualification