Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) protects the worlds most influential and at-risk public figures. Founded in 1978 by 3-time Presidential appointee, Gavin de Becker, our firm’s Protectors, Analysts, and Investigators are committed to our mission of protecting human life through the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
Team Leaders lead and train protector teams, harness GDBA's mission essential resources, and protect clients in a variety of challenging circumstances.
**** First year earnings start at a minimum of $65k based on a 40-hour work week. Earnings potential of up to $85k commensurate with experience. A sign-on bonus and training scholarship are also available (see details below). Visit our Earnings and Benefits Page to learn more about additional overtime opportunities, bonuses, travel pay, and more: www.gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits**
Mission: The Safety, Privacy and Wellbeing of our Clients
- Provide protection and logistical support at clients' homes and when they travel
- Detect and defeat adversaries
- Create and maintain readiness to meet any threat
- Survey and prepare locations prior to arrival of the protected person
- Coordinate and execute plans for security and medical emergencies
Interested candidates should expect the following:
- $1k sign-on bonus
- Industry-Leading Compensation
- International/Domestic Travel when required
- 12-Day Introductory Training Academy, plus continual training and qualifications
- Highest Standard of Quality and Resources in the Industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401k.
- Gym, Massage, Ammunition and Cellphone Reimbursements.
Successful Candidates will have these attributes:
- At least 5 Years of Protection experience at the highest level of performance and client expectation
- Wish to be of service and protect others
- Excellent health and fitness, able to pass physical readiness test
- Excellent communication ability
- Drug and nicotine-free
- Can pass a pre-employment background investigation
- Commitment to maintaining high level of attentiveness and energy
Valuable Qualifications (though not required):
- Military background
- Law enforcement background
- If Private Security background, experience in Close Protection
- Assigned to Military Protective Security Operations Units; specifically, Air Force OSI, Army CID, Marine Corps CID, or Navy NCIS
- Assigned to Law Enforcement Protection Units (for example, close protection of Mayors, Governors, Federal Government Officials)
- LEOSA/HR218 Firearm Qualification
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic
Note: We are also hiring for an Entry Level Protector position, view available positions here: https://gdba.com/careers-map/listings.