Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated Robotics Engineer to join our software engineering team to help support the development of our Fleet Management product by creating POCs and prototypes. This is a high impact role within the Software organization which will help Gatik, our customers, and our partners have seamless visibility into and interaction with our AV fleet that enables freight-only operations for unparalleled safety, efficiency, responsiveness, and reliability in middle-mile logistics.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Work with the software engineering team to build interactive applications and hardware modules for Gatik's fleet management product
- Collaborate with the product, design, and other engineering teams to build prototypes for our next-gen fleet management product
- Build hardware prototypes needed to study the customer experience, safety and security of Gatik AVs
- Design sensory prototypes and test hardware
- Integrate sensors and compute components into existing designs
- Fabricate and test hardware and software components for designs
- Collect, analyze and present data and results in C/C++, Python, or similar language
- Test and iterate on prototypes to find optimal solutions for use cases and problems
- Find paths to take prototypes to production after testing and validation
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors and Master's Degree in Robotics, Mechanical, Computer Science, Mechatronics or related field
- PhD (preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant mechanical, robotics or mechatronics experience building POCs and prototypes
- Experience with common prototyping tools (e.g. Arduino, STM32, Launchpad)
- Ability to build basic, functional software applications in Linux
- Familiarity with C/C+ and/or Python
- Able to design, read, and understand schematics and wiring diagrams
- Hands-on skills for troubleshooting and repairing harnesses
- Computer literacy for documentation and diagnosis tools
- Competent in using basic shop tools, soldering, crimping and modifying electrical wiring to create safe and reliable hardware
- Familiarity with communication protocols (Ethernet, Serial, RS2, etc.) (preferred)
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2 (preferred)
More about Gatik:
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.