Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
Gatik is hiring a Senior Hardware Test & Validation Engineer. In this role you will develop hardware tests and validation plans based upon the requirements provided. Additionally you will design test profiles, run and manage these tests, collect and interpret the data and submit test reports summarizing the results. You will work closely with other teams to ensure that your tests and test-plans meet the needs of the project goals and provide valuable feedback to the design process. You will run tests internally as well as working with external vendors for the testing and validation of our state-of-the-art autonomy components and systems.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Create test and validation plans for AV hardware components and subsystem
- Collect data to support component testing and validation plan creation
- Design custom test profiles as needed utilizing field measurements and requirements
- Perform tests internally and manage outsourced testing activities as needed
- Interpret test data and generate reports to provide feedback to the cross-functional teams
- Design, assemble, operate and maintain test equipment and infrastructure
- Lead test campaigns for the components or subsystems
- Support the creation of reliability and performance benchmarks for custom components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support testable requirement creation
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of engineering testing & validation experience in the hardware space with a strong focus on designing & managing validation plans
- Several years of hands-on experience in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry
- Experience defining and managing mechanical and environmental tests for components that are integrated into vehicles or robots
- Experience with vehicle communication protocols (CAN/LIN/Automotive ethernet)
- Experience with setting up and collecting data with data acquisition systems for testing purposes
- Experience with processing data collected with DAQ (CANbus/LIN/Automotive Ethernet)
- Familiarity using measured data to create HALT tests for accelerated testing
- Experience with CAD tools
- Experience with sensor technology such as camera, ultrasound, lidar, and radar (preferred)
- Familiarity to automate workflows (macros or data analysis) (preferred)
- Familiarity with MatLab and/or Python (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.