Who we are:
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium-duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers including Kroger, Walmart, Tyson Foods, Loblaw, Pitney Bowes, Georgia-Pacific, and KBX; enabling them to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries. Gatik’s Class 3-7 autonomous box trucks are commercially deployed in multiple markets including Texas, Arkansas, and Ontario, Canada.
About the role:
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who want to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. Gatik’s Fleet Management Software team is responsible for the design, development, deployment & maintenance of various applications in our product suite that serve our customers and partners and provide seamless visibility into and interaction with our AV fleet that enables freight-only operations for unparalleled safety, efficiency, responsiveness, and reliability in middle-mile logistics.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Contribute to all technical aspects of frontend & backend development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- Build web interfaces for vehicle testing to control and monitor the system. For example, the perceived objects around our vehicles; the system health status; vehicle decisions, etc
- Work with developers to understand the data formats exchanged between modules. Make decisions about APIs and data flow considering usability, performance, and compatibility
- Collaborate with fellow engineers for the successful implementation of product features for Gatik's fleet management application
- Collaborate with the product and design teams on product alignment and deliverables
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Design & implement scalable and well-documented APIs for customer application integrations.
- Architect, implement, and maintain data extraction and user interaction tools
- Develop cloud applications for high-volume vehicle tracking, diagnostic, and testing data used by various users
- Identify performance bottlenecks and safety issues in the system, benchmark on different methods and provide solutions
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience in frontend development and developing large-scale applications
- Experience working with UI/UX designers and product managers in developing applications
- Expertise in Python backend frameworks (e.g., Flask, Django)
- Expertise in React (preferred), TypeScript, Node.js, Vue.js
- Experience building scalable data-driven applications
- Experience with graphics rendering tools, such as WebGL, OpenGL, and Three.js
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform
- Experience using Gitlab
- Working knowledge of NoSQL Database preferably MongoDB
- Experience with REST APIs and TLS 1.2 standards
- Experience with CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation