Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle-mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium-duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations and enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting unprecedented expectations for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As an Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you will safely operate vehicles for on-time in-route customer deliveries. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help us operate our box trucks running routes to transport dry and refrigerated cargo. You’ll be a valuable contributor by collecting necessary data for our engineering teams aimed at improving our groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customers’ product delivery needs.
This role is onsite in the Fort Worth, Texas area!
What you'll do:
- Ensure safe, reliable operation of class 3-7 (less than 33,001-pound GVWR, with or without air brakes) box truck delivery vehicles, in manual modes while keeping other drivers & operators, the public, and the vehicle safe
- Manually drive the vehicles on assigned, consistent routes to gather route data in support of moving toward future state autonomous operations
- Display customer service orientation and act as an ambassador for the company toward customers and the public
- Ensure vehicles arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time and the integrity of goods is retained on each journey
- Assist with safe, secure loading and unloading of customer goods using equipment such as pallet jacks, carts, dollies, lift gates, etc.
- Update the dispatch team on shift and route status
- Record and review data via spreadsheets and other business-related applications
- Ensure the operation and safety of trucks by daily routine checks (monitoring fluid levels, checking tire pressure, hose connections, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc projects such as truck delivery to new locations, testing and/or installing new equipment, etc.
- Collaborate with teams to follow collection and drop-off procedures on each journey
- Learn and adhere to company standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensure compliance with safe operations standards
What we're looking for:
- 3 years (or more) experience operating straight trucks up to 26-35 ft long in North America with a valid Class A (CDL) driver's license
- Insurability by our underwriting, including clean driving record (personal and professional) and background check
- Must be willing to work flexible hours on both weekdays and weekends
- Customer relationship management experience
- Ability to be meticulous, organized, and proactive
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Positive, collegial relationships with co-workers and customers
- Ability to use smartphone applications and willingness to provide your own mobile device
- Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operation tasks that may require lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., climbing a ladder and operating a manual pallet jack with up to 400 lbs. (181Kg) of goods and material.
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.