Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking talented Software Engineers to join who have strong fundamentals in software development practices and in C++. We're looking for someone with a passion for enabling the world's first safe, reliable and efficient network of autonomous vehicles. You will partner with the researchers and senior engineers to design, develop, test and validate the AV features for our autonomous fleet.
This role will be onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
Please Reference Job #126924E when sending resume. Please mail resumes to: HR, Gatik AI Inc at 161 E. Evelyn Avenue Mountain View, CA 94041
What you'll do:
- Build and improve motion planning and decision-making systems for the self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users
- Develop policies and plans to manage multi-actor interactions and plans under uncertainty
- Model vehicle and controller dynamics and use these models to characterize and accelerate controller improvements
- Build software tools, infrastructure, documentation and other systems that enable the engineering team to be more effective and efficient
- Participate in design and code reviews
What we're looking for:
- Master's degree or a foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience using C++ and/or Python
- Experience with C++ build systems, such as CMake
- Familiary with Gazebo, Lidars and motion planning algorithms applied to nonholonomic robots
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 or other middleware systems
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.