Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
This Buyer/Planner will be responsible for Gatik’s purchasing of direct and indirect material and managing all activities related to procurement and acquisition of materials to support schedules, cost, quality and delivery. The work will include reviewing requisitions for accuracy and completeness, obtaining required approvals, negotiating pricing, preparing and processing purchase orders and following up with suppliers for changes and delivery.
This role will work onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Ensure all purchase requirements are being processed.
- Expedite shortages to meet manufacturing needs.
- Coordinate purchasing details with suppliers. Including revisions, delivery dates revisions, invoice reconciliation and shipping method and accountability.
- Maintain data integrity across systems including ERP, MRP and PLM.
- Provide purchasing support to contract manufacturers to support the delivery schedule.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on order status, risks and risk mitigation activities.
- Research products and suppliers and work across teams to qualify suppliers into Gatik AVL.
- Return parts or process RMA for parts that are determined to be defective or are no longer required.
- Communicate and work with accounting.
- Reconcile material receipts and invoicing discrepancies.
- May be required to perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 Years in Purchasing/Inventory in Electronics Procurement
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Familiarity with ERP & PLM
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Automotive industry (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.