Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates to lead our autonomy team and play an essential role in helping accelerate the development of our AV software stack. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, hands-on software engineering experience, and leadership skills. You will develop and maintain a technology roadmap and make key architectural decisions, while guiding the team with well-defined technical directions and driving complex initiatives needed to deliver on critical company level goals.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of autonomous systems for light/medium duty trucks, including perception, planning, control, and safety
- Develop and implement a roadmap for autonomous technology, including short-term and long-term goals
- Have a thorough understanding of the key architectural decisions and drive the technical initiatives needed to deliver on critical company level goals
- Manage a team of autonomy engineers and researchers, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical oversight to ensure that team members are meeting performance expectations and delivering high-quality work
- Develop, document, and direct software system testing, troubleshooting, and verification procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in development processes, tools, and organization
- Develop test methods/test preparation, and design text fixtures to verify & validate performance and reliability requirements of our AVs in both development and production environments
What we're looking for:
- Masters or PhD degree in CS, Robotics or related field
- 7+ years of experience in autonomous systems, including algorithm development, software engineering, and safety-critical systems
- Strong technical knowledge of state-of-the-art models and approaches or perception, prediction, or planning in the self-driving space
- Experience in developing software for robotics platforms, including ROS and/or other middleware
- Solid fundamentals in 3D geometry, mathematics, and linear algebra
- Solid fundamentals with knowledge of machine learning/deep learning algorithms, ML development workflow and algorithm design
- Experience working within cloud architectures such as GCP, AWS, Azure
- Proven leadership, management, recruiting, team building, and communication skills
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.