Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We're looking for Staff Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to help build cloud-based and stand-alone development systems as well as drive projects related to system-wide architecture and processes. As part of our Infra/DevOps team, you will work on software and system optimizations, help identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks, troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, and test production environments. You will develop well-documented and scalable processes, systems, and tools to improve operation simplicity and reliability. You will oversee and ensure the security of our cloud infrastructure, data, and internal services are secure.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Design and implement high-performance, high-availability distributed data pipelines including ETL, labeling, model training/validation/benchmarking, simple UI, etc
- Improve our current development tools, CI/CD pipelines, system and integration testing as well as system troubleshooting across platform/application domains
- Take ownership of the setup and maintenance of networking and compute infrastructure of the autonomous vehicle fleet
- System troubleshooting across platform and application domains
- Manage the cloud instances and backend components
- Develop scalable ML training and evaluation pipelines, tools, and maintain a highly secure infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- Masters or PhD degree in CS, Robotics or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in an SRE, DevOps, or Cloud infrastructure engineer role
- 5+ years of experience in Linux scripting, secure server setup and maintenance
- Experience working with cloud architectures such as Azure, GCP, AWS
- Experience with ROS/other robotics middle-ware platforms. Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Experience with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience in CI management and deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Bash etc.
- Experience using Debian/Ubuntu Linux OS, containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.