Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As a Senior or Staff Integration Engineer (Electronics) in our Integration Team you will be responsible for building and bringing up our prototype vehicles and establishing the processes needed to do this at a production scale. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality vehicle builds following best engineering practices & standards. Your area of expertise is integrating, wiring and troubleshooting the electronics integration and software bring-up.
This role will be 4 days week at our Mountain View, CA office with occasional travel within the USA and Canada.
What you will do:
- Build and bring-up prototype vehicles following best engineering practices & standards
- Closely work with hardware and software teams to complete the initial networking setup, software installation and sensor calibration.
- Provide build documentation to hand off the assembly to larger scale vehicle manufacturing.
- Manage retrofits and/or upgrade projects for vehicles in operation as well as supporting critical service & maintenance requests for repairs for our test vehicles.
- Ensure best practices and engineering standards for installation, integration & verification of automotive electronics, harnesses, electrical integration, etc.
- Trouble-shoot and root-cause issues during the assembly and bring-up together with other engineering teams.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building prototype or small and/or production run series vehicles
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or an equivalent field OR a technician’s certificate plus relevant experience and training
- Experience in prototyping and integration in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry
- A good level of computer fluency and comfort with command-line tools
- Experience with sensor technology such as camera, ultrasound, lidar, and radar and calibration
- Experience with vehicle electronics and harness integrationExperience in bringing up software and mechatronics systems
- Experience troubleshooting vehicle network buses
- Experience creating harnesses, soldering and installing electronic components
- Coding capabilities to automate workflows (macros or data analysis)
- Foundation in MatLab / Simulink (preferred)
- Wiring harness fabrication and installation experience (preferred)
- Experience creating simple PCBs and electronics (preferred)
- Experience programming microcontrollers (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.