Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As the Head of our Hardware Integration, you will be responsible for growing, leading and managing a talented team of engineers and technicians for delivering high quality vehicle builds following best engineering practices & standards. This role requires strong leadership & cross-functional communication with the internal hardware and software teams, as well as external manufacturing partners to ensure repeatable and scalable designs & processes. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with vehicle integration and/or manufacturing processes for advanced complex automotive systems. This includes being familiar with the standards and best practices for producing high quality electrical and electronic assemblies and integrations.
This role will be onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View office!
What you'll do:
- Manage, build and deploy prototype vehicles following best engineering practices & standards
- Work closely with design and validation teams for repeatable and scalable designs processes
- Partner with software teams for hardware-software integration processes including sensor calibration, vehicle bring-up, etc.
- Manage & collaborate with external contract manufacturing partners to support production of larger volumes
- Manage retrofits and/or upgrade projects for vehicles in operation as well as support critical service & maintenance requests for repairs
- Ensure complete build & manufacturing documentation using best industry practices
- Build and manage a team of high-performing individuals
- Ensure best practices and engineering standards for installation, integration & verification of automotive electronics, harnesses, electrical, etc.
- Work cross functionally to incorporate inputs from other teams (systems, algorithms, software, testing, manufacturing and quality) and establish hardware integration requirements and designs
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a relevant field
- 7+ years of experience building prototype or low volume production vehicles
- 2+ years of experience leading a hands-on team
- Experience in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry with production at scale
- Experience building automotive harnesses of a high quality and creating high-quality vehicle integrations
- Experience with sensor technology such as camera, ultrasound, lidar and radar
- Experience with designing and deploying HiL tests
- Familiar with the safety requirements to create a clean, efficient and safe workshop
- Coding capabilities to automate workflows (macros or data analysis) (preferred)
- IPC 620 Training and/or CANBus diagnostics and wiring experience (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.