Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage our Simulation team. Simulation is key in validating our autonomous driving software to create a scalable and reliable platform to support complex and diverse simulation-based workflows. You will directly impact new products all the way through to production. In this highly impactful role, you will be partnering with the engineering, safety, reliability & QA teams as well as work closely with the product managers to build the tools and metrics necessary to validate and enhance the performance of our AV systems. Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will guide our efforts to build simulation tools and pipelines from design all the way through to production.
This role is onsite 4 days week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Lead and grow the Simulation team at Gatik, which is responsible for large-scale simulation workload orchestration, scenario creation & management tools, and data pipelines & services for integration, including Remote Monitoring & Assistance
- Own and manage relationships with simulation partners for effective integration of tools as well as guiding long-term roadmaps to improve the scale and reliability of simulation-based workflows at Gatik
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including perception, prediction, behavior & motion planning, vehicle controls, safety validation, infrastructure, and QA teams to identify and deliver impactful solutions
- Enhance the integration of our autonomy stack with existing simulation tools and set the direction for new simulation tools & features
- Collaborate with the DevOps & Infrastructure teams to incorporate simulation workflows in the software release processes, including regression testing, large-scale scenario simulations, etc.
- Work closely with various teams to enable data visualization and dashboards for tracking several performance and safety metrics
- Define and lead processes and operations to keep the systems always working
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the simulation infrastructure in terms of value and impact per monetary and opportunity cost
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of industry work experience, AV preferred
- 3+ years of technical leadership or management experience
- Experience configuring, scaling, and troubleshooting the data processing and analytics infrastructure
- Experience with alerting and monitoring a large scale distributed environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Azure preferred
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Strong product mindset, with hands-on experience developing tools and platforms for engineers
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.