Gather is a unique platform that blends together the mediums of video game design as well as productivity tools – helping audiences of all backgrounds and ages form new virtual social habits and new ways of thinking about their digital presence. As a designer at Gather, you'll have the opportunity to craft experiences that are not only elegant, intuitive and functional but also playful and charming for our users. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder and Chief of Product, you will be part of a growing design team that is going to play a key role in defining our users' experience. Our team has a unique culture where engineers and designers are both heavily involved in the product process.
Where you will make an impact:
- Conduct user interviews with existing customers and use that feedback to inform our experience
- Work cross functionally with our engineering, product, and art teams to iterate on designs and get them in front of hundreds of thousands of real people
- Contribute to our overall aesthetic and design philosophy as we continue to iterate
- *And anything else you dream up!—*at this early stage, ideating and inspiring those around you is part of the job, and you will have tons of creative freedom to explore what's possible with this novel interactive medium.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience working alongside engineers, product managers and other designers shipping real products
- A strong command of Figma for prototyping, iterating, and sharing your work
- Minute attention to detail and a love for using data to build beautiful products for our users
- The ability to turn limited information and uncertainty into bold, concrete product design decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- An open, growth mindset when giving and receiving feedback
If you don't fulfill every single requirement, we'd still love to hear from you!
We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
How's our team doing so far?
In a few short months, we've gone from nothing to millions of page views per month, >1 million monthly users in Gather spaces, and numerous paid events running around the clock. Every day, we hear that this "Pokemon x Zoom thing" is the video calling platform people didn't know they were missing.
Joining Gather means jumping on a fast-moving train where you'll get plenty of agency and the potential to have huge impact in an early-stage platform changing how people live and work. These are unsolved, open ended problems with tons of room (and need) for creativity. Help us take Gather to the next level!
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days
- Work-from-home equipment stipend
- Meal stipend twice a week
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day