Front End Engineers at Gather have the unique role of increasing the power and utility of the platform all while making sure it is intuitive for experts, novices, and people who have never played Pokemon. You will be responsible for taking a beautiful design from the Design team, filling in gaps with your own UI intuitions, and bringing it to life in React.
Gather is looking for Engineers who are constantly finding ways to improve the web client, mapmaker, dashboard, and everything else while maintaining a high level of usability. After all, as a FE engineer you're in the unique position of being able to add features to the site and make them actually useful and intuitive. Tens of thousands of people per day (and counting) depend on it!
Help us build an interconnected web of new worlds, a better way to work remotely, and a spatial social network!
Where you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to scope out features and product directions
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure quality and good architecture
- Build powerful tools that will allow our users to easily customize and personalize maps
- Write maintainable, clear, well-architected code, tests, and documentation
- Create a natural social component between spaces — make friends and then be able to find and hang out with them later
What you bring:
- Experience working with Typescript, React, and Redux
- A keen intuition for well designed software and and beautiful, usable interfaces
- Intrinsic motivation and the drive to solve difficult problems without guidance
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize in a chaotic and ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An open and growth mindset when giving and receiving feedback
We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
How's our team doing so far?
In a few short months, we've gone from nothing to millions of page views per month, >1 million monthly users in Gather spaces, and numerous paid events running around the clock. Every day, we hear that this "Pokemon x Zoom thing" is the video calling platform people didn't know they were missing.
Joining Gather means jumping on a fast-moving train where you'll get plenty of agency and the potential to have huge impact in an early-stage platform changing how people live and work. These are unsolved, open ended problems with tons of room (and need) for creativity. Help us take Gather to the next level!
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days
- Work-from-home equipment stipend
- Meal stipend twice a week
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day