In the last few years, remote and hybrid work has had an explosion in popularity, giving workers an unprecedented level of access to opportunity and an increase in quality of life. However, our existing tools were not set up to do remote work well. Work can be isolating, transactional, and void of the camaraderie that makes everyone feel like they’re in it together.
To solve this, Gather builds virtual offices that bring the best of in-person work to remote. We’ve already seen success with our approach, with over 10,000 remote-first companies using our spaces every day.
And yet it’s still the early days for our broader vision of the Metaverse. We’re excited about how the Metaverse can break down physical constraints that exist today, not just in where you can work, but which friends/family you can see, or what educational opportunities you can have access to.
Join us in this mission!
Product Engineers at Gather design and implement the features that make up what is simultaneously a live video chat platform, multiplayer game, and modern web app. The thoughtful design and rapid experimentation embody the core of what’s enabled Gather to scale to where it is today and to scale to the next million Gather users. You’ll be responsible for using your customer understanding to work closely with designers, product managers, and others within the company in order to quickly design, deliver, and iterate on features. You care about connecting users and making remote work a great experience within Gather.
Where you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design, implement, and iterate on features and product directions
- Ability to quickly iterate on experiments while preventing technical lock-in
- Enable more powerful tools and innovative remote work features to be used within Gather
- Level up our meeting experiences and create opportunities for moments of serendipity for Gather users
- Write maintainable, clear, well-architected code, tests, and documentation
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews to ensure quality and good architecture
What you bring:
- Excellence in front-end Typescript/React architecture and development
- Experience working with NodeJS
- A keen intuition for well-designed software and well-written code
- You enjoy spending time with customers and are adept and getting to the root problems that your product is uniquely positioned to solve
- You are scrappy, have a bias toward action, and love moving fast
- The capability to balance Doing Things Right and iterating quickly, and the realization that they’re not strictly mutually exclusive
- Intrinsic motivation and the drive to solve difficult problems without guidance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
US Salary Range
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.