Gather is the platform transforming the way events are booked, planned, managed and executed.
We’re at the forefront of bridging technology and hospitality to help venues and guests gather and connect. Our cloud-based software and first-of-its-kind marketplace help great venues to be discovered, booked, and experienced by people looking to have extraordinary events.
All the while, our technology adapts to the needs of each event: making life easier for planners and their guests while fueling the growth of thousands of venues - from your neighborhood spot to national brands.
Are you ready to work on a small, nimble team and make a big impact? If so, we are looking for a Software Developer who is a consummate problem-solver, analytical thinker and well-rounded coder. In this role, you will immediately contribute to the Gather platform which includes SaaS, mobile and consumer-facing applications.
Our technology stack:
- Frontend products built with Angular.js, React & Ionic (mobile) and backend products written in Node.js
- Node.js API running on heroku platform
- RethinkDB (NoSQL), Postgres and ElasticSearch clusters with RabbitMQ message queue
- Container-based services using docker and kubernetes
- Infrastructure runs across Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and maintaining clear and scalable code for the Gather technology platform
- Work on an agile team doing full-stack development using node.js, angular and react
- Developing and expanding your skill set - including mobile app development, public API work and backend infrastructure
- Learning new technologies and using them to implement solutions
- Communicate thoughtfully through code reviews, white-boarding sessions and pairing sessions
What you should bring:
- Experience working with APIs
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Experience writing test coverage using Mocha/Chai, Phantom.js, Selenium or similar libraries
- Bonus points for production experience with typescript, react native, docker, kubernetes, elasticsearch or postgres
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits - 100% covered for the employee
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional Development budget for conferences, books and more
- Brand-new office in Midtown - near the Fox Theatre!
- 2 full kegs.....of iced coffee
- Free lunch on Fridays and free breakfast on Mondays
- Monthly team events at our clients' venues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.