Gather is the platform transforming the way events are booked, planned, managed and executed.
We’re at the forefront of bridging technology and hospitality to help venues and guests gather and connect. Our cloud-based software and first-of-its-kind marketplace help great venues to be discovered, booked, and experienced by people looking to have extraordinary events.
All the while, our technology adapts to the needs of each event: making life easier for planners and their guests while fueling the growth of thousands of venues - from your neighborhood spot to national brands.
Bottom line: Hospitality is an ever-changing landscape, which makes maintaining an accurate database a challenge. We're looking for our first ever Sales Intern who is driven and detail-oriented to take the lead on maintaining, improving, and adding to our database of prospects and accounts.
As a Sales Intern at Gather, you'll work directly with our Sales Operations team to
- Source new accounts. You will leverage a number of sources across the web to source new accounts - including recently opened restaurants & venues - for our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs).
- Maintain and improve data integrity. You will lead the charge to ensure that our lead, contact and account data in Salesforce is clean and usable by our Sales & Marketing teams.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis. Prepare ad-hoc analysis to support the business goals of the sales team.
You'll approach the weekly account distribution & other data or systems-related projects with fervor - constantly aiming for zero defects. Down the road, you'll gain more experience in system integrations, allowing you to expand your analytical skill set.
What you'll do:
- Ensure data cleanliness of both net new & recycled accounts, leads, & contacts for distribution.
- Map parent/child accounts in Salesforce as well as merge any duplicates.
- Assist & troubleshoot data related issues with our Sales Development & Account Executive teams.
- Present opportunities for process improvement to Sales leadership & own the implementation of these improvements.
- Additional data management or integrations projects as needed.
Our requirements are pretty straightforward. To qualify you should:
- Embody empathy, resourcefulness and drive.
- Bring experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM systems or a passion to learn.
- Be web-savvy and excited about using web-based sources to find new data.
- Possess top-notch Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets skills for performing data analysis & building reports.
- Have great attention to detail while understanding big-picture objectives & strategy.
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment, prioritize multiple projects at a time, and quickly adapt to project changes.
- Like to have fun, and preferably have a passion for food, drink, and general merriment.
- Not be a Duke basketball fan (we’re serious about this one).
- Hourly compensation (this is a paid internship).
- Brand-new office in Midtown, across from the Fox Theatre.
- Unlimited iced coffee.
- Free breakfast on Mondays & lunch on Fridays.
- Monthly team events at our clients' venues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.