Gather is the platform transforming the way events are booked, planned, managed and executed.
We’re at the forefront of bridging technology and hospitality to help venues and guests gather and connect. Our cloud-based software and first-of-its-kind marketplace help great venues to be discovered, booked, and experienced by people looking to have extraordinary events.
All the while, our technology adapts to the needs of each event: making life easier for planners and their guests while fueling the growth of thousands of venues - from your neighborhood spot to national brands.
As one of Gather's first Outside Sales Representatives, you'll be responsible for owning and building out the New York City territory. You will run business meetings with event planners, owners and operators, and drive new accounts to use the Gather platform. You will be contacting a large volume of potential customers on a daily basis with a mix of phone, in person meetings and email, with a relentless focus to unlock new opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Prospect, cold call, and sell Gather products to restaurants
- Nurture and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base
- Present personalized in-person demos of Gather products
- Strategically identify and overcome objections and competition
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with the Product and Marketing teams
- Keep up with and adapt to ongoing product and technology developments
- Effectively use Salesforce.com to manage your pipeline, forecast sales activity, and process contracts
What you should bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Knowledge of the hospitality, event planning, and restaurant industry is preferred
- Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas
- A strong mix of tenacity and patience to help educate potential customers
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Experience working with CRMs, such as Salesforce; experience with sales enablement tools, such as Outreach or SalesLoft
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to successfully work independently in a non-structured environment
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities
- Live in close proximity to New York City, NY
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits - employee 100% covered by company
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursed phone & data plan
- Professional Development budget for conferences, books and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.