Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We are looking for a hands-on Staff Software Engineer to join our backend team and lead the development of mission-critical systems built in Python and deployed on AWS using Kubernetes. The ideal candidate for this role should be excited about hands-on coding, helping mentor junior engineers, and leading technical discussions with other departments.
This is a fully remote position.
- Build and maintain applications that support our core business
- Collaborate across disciplines to provide timely and accurate information
- Protect our users’ privacy and security through best practices
- Support business users in production
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling and staffing
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
Python, AWS, Terraform, Postgres, Retool, Git, Pandas
- 6+ years hands-on work building internal applications
- Expertise in Python
- Comfortable leading research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes
- Comfortable checking team’s work for technical accuracy
- Ability to coordinate work with managers and other staff
- Experience working with message-oriented middleware, especially NATS
- Familiarity with healthcare or insurance
- Experience with one or more database systems, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience working in a team using agile methodologies and fluency with the agile toolkit
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You are mission-driven and want to work at a company that can change the healthcare system
- You want to be on a small, fast-paced team that nimbly moves to meet new challenges
- You love ideating on new features and working with data to find new insights
- You’re excited about researching and working with the latest tools and technologies
The salary range for this position is $180,000 - $220,000 annually. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.