Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We are looking for an experienced finance leader to help oversee and manage Garner’s financial functions. Using data and in-depth financial analysis, you will play an integral role in forming our long-term business strategy and executing on the financial components of the company’s goals. You will partner with the leadership team to optimize company-wide capital and resource allocation by defining and tracking business metrics, managing cross-functional projects, solving business problems and driving pricing and actuarial strategies. This role will report directly to our VP of Operations.
This position is fully remote.
Responsibilities will include:
- Refine the financial metrics through which we monitor performance of the business and partner with key stakeholders to drive strategy and operational decisions to improve those metrics
- Continuously monitor and improve unit economics
- Lead financial planning, including budgeting, forecasting, headcount planning, and financial modeling
- Own Garner’s pricing and risk management functions, including overseeing complex models of projected and actual healthcare costs
- Own and build strong systems and processes to aggregate and disseminate business critical metrics across teams in a scalable and meaningful way
- 8+ years of experience building complex financial models and driving decisions that impact business P&L
- Excellent proficiency with company financial reporting and forecasting
- Experience managing risk based pricing and the intersection with financial performance
- Excitement to tackle both the strategic and operational elements of finance, including setting strategy while implementing best in class tech, systems and processes to enable the business to achieve its financial goals
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and developing modeling skills and advanced querying
- Expert knowledge of general accounting principles and rule
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment with notable upside
- Experience with SQL or other analytical tools (Looker etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite) and financial planning softwares (e.g. Budget, Adaptive Insights or Anaplan)
The salary range for this position is: $200,000 - $250,000 annually. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.