Garner’s mission is to reconfigure how the US healthcare system works. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we get employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. This individual will help us improve our proprietary algorithms that rank individual doctor quality. These algorithms are a key component of the company’s product that significantly decreases healthcare costs while improving clinical outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record in building and deploying complex analytics.
Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is also available for individuals who are comfortable with remote work within the US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Garner’s data team to conduct deep research and understand how to measure the quality and efficiency of doctors
- Architect and deploy high-quality code that will process claims data and derive scores for individual doctors
- Collaborate with Data Product Management to develop high value features
- Develop ad-hoc analytics to demonstrate the value of the company’s product to customers
- Build business intelligence tools to support other company functions
The ideal candidate has:
- 1 year of professional experience in an elite and fast-paced work environment
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve difficult problems and deliver high quality results to senior stakeholders
- A desire to write sophisticated code in Python and SQL for production systems. Bonus for experience with data architecture
- Strong conceptual thinking: the ability to understand complex systems and think in frameworks
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system