Garner is a technology company that helps employers manage healthcare costs by matching their employees with the highest quality doctors in their local community. We use our proprietary doctor quality ranking algorithms, consumer-friendly engagement tools, and innovative financial incentives to lower out-of-pocket spending for employees while saving employers 10% or more on overall plan costs.
The company is led by former Oscar Health leadership, has secured funding from top-tier venture capital firms and is growing rapidly.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team as we scale our membership. This individual will report to Garner’s head of product and own the end-to-end design process. We’re looking for someone with strong experience designing consumer-facing products.
Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is also available for individuals who are comfortable with remote work.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Own the design process, from research and ideation to execution and iteration.
- Develop a deep understanding of our member’s needs and motivations, practicing empathy at every step and creating products for users who are seeking seamless healthcare recommendations for themselves or family members.
- Work closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms.
- Shape and participate in our user research and testing (generative & evaluative).
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years of relevant experience shipping consumer-facing products, including mobile products on iOS and/or Android.
- A highly refined aesthetic sense and a preference for simple and clean experiences. You design products that not only meet user needs, but are delightful and engaging.
- A humble and user-focused approach to design. You are constantly challenging your own assumptions and crave feedback through research and metrics.
- Experience working with Figma components, libraries, and functional prototypes.
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system