Garner is a technology company that helps employers manage healthcare costs by matching their employees with the highest quality doctors in their local community. We use our proprietary doctor quality ranking algorithms, consumer-friendly engagement tools, and innovative financial incentives to lower out-of-pocket spending for employees while saving employers 10% or more on overall plan costs.
The company is led by former Oscar Health leadership, has secured funding from top-tier venture capital firms and is growing rapidly.
We’re looking for a full-time Concierge Associate to join our member services team and digitally engage with members and help them find the right healthcare for their needs. This role’s focus is member support via phone, chat, and email. Concierge Associates serve as the voice of Garner, so you should be passionate about member services and helping people solve their problems. In this role, you will become an expert on Garner’s product, operations, and the needs of our members. For the strongest candidates, this is a jumping off point to grow within the company.
To ensure that we have coverage for Garner users, Concierge Associates have some shift requirements. Current service operates weekdays during east coast business hours, though that may change in the future as needs dictate. Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is also available for individuals who are comfortable with remote work and digital member support.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Delivering amazing service to our members via phone, chat, and email, offering education and guidance to help them understand their benefit and find the right provider
- Following best practices for handling member inquiries; suggesting improvements as needed
- Maintaining a high level of organization within Garner’s platform and tools, including Zendesk and G Suite
- Relaying member feedback to product and operations teams to improve Garner’s solution
- Triaging and escalating complex and urgent member care needs
- Maintaining detail-oriented working knowledge of employer health benefits and insurance
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A passion for helping people solve their problems, with an ability to think creatively and empathetically and stay calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of process-orientation, digital organization, and resourcefulness
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system