Garda Capital Partners (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 19 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Zug, Copenhagen, Singapore, and Scottsdale.
Garda is looking to hire a Software Engineer (Python) to be a part of our Research and Technology (R&T) team based out of our Geneva office. This is an exciting position offering opportunities to gain exposure to enterprise software development practices at a global hedge fund.
- Aid in the development of new lines of business solutions using Python, Excel and Relational Databases
- Support senior staff in designing and implementing complete solutions for our front office/risk systems.
- Provide support for in-house and 3rd party applications
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- 1+ Year of object-oriented development, preferably with Python (using common programming design patterns and good practices)
- 1+ Year of relational database and SQL experience, data modeling, and database design
- Experience with Excel a plus
- Experience with Python Data Stack (Pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance
- Must be comfortable with development across the application stack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about programming and technology
- Interest in financial trading industry
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy, time sensitive team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fixed income trading and related financial instruments including bonds and interest rate derivative products preferred, but not required