Garda Capital Partners (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 19 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Zug, Copenhagen, Singapore, and Scottsdale.
Garda is looking to hire a Business Analyst Intern in its Research and Technology (R&T) group to enhance and support our central risk management system (Orchestrade). Orchestrade is a mission critical system used across Garda, and the role can expect to interface with multiple functions within the firm including front office, risk, middle and back office.
Primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Aid in full lifecycle support for projects, working closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure system enhancements and maintenance projects run smoothly
- Support senior staff working with technical teams on analyzing and resolving technical issues and to build new solutions
- Help business teams define new processes and improve / automate existing ones
- Provide ongoing / ad-hoc systems and business to all internal teams
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Finance, Math, Economics, Accounting, or Computer Science desired but not required
- Interest in learning about trade booking and valuation for Fixed Income, Equities, and FX
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest in financial trading industry
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy, time sensitive team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Excel, Excel VBA, Bloomberg desired but not required
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education.