Garda Capital Partners (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 19 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Zug, Copenhagen, Singapore, and Scottsdale.
Garda is looking to hire a Trading Assistant Intern to be a part of our Trade Support team based out of our Wayzata office, for Summer 2024. This is an exciting position offering opportunities to gain exposure to the full end to end trade operations process at a global hedge fund.
Internship experiences may include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Shadow the Trading Assistants in order to learn the day to day responsibilities of the trade support team, including booking trades and communicating with portfolio mangers
- Research current capital markets topic, utilizing Bloomberg and other resources, and present findings to members of the investment team, including members of the executive committee
- Deepen understanding of products used in fixed-income trading, including bonds, futures, and swaps
- Attend meetings with members of the investment team to learn about Garda’s strategies
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- Demonstrated interest in investment management
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experience with Bloomberg Terminal is preferred but not required
- Detail-oriented nature with strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Strong independence and initiative, including a tenacious and unrelenting drive for results
- Flexibility to manage rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Understanding of how to move forward in complex or ambiguous situations
- A strong achievement and results orientation
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education.