Garda Capital Partners (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 19 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Zug, Copenhagen, Singapore, and Scottsdale.
Garda is looking to hire a Software Engineer Intern (Python) to be a part of our Research and Technology (R&T) team based out of our Singapore office, in Summer 2024. This is an exciting position offering opportunities to gain exposure to enterprise software development practices at a global hedge fund.
- Aid in the development of new lines of business solutions using Python, and SQL
- Support senior staff in designing and implementing complete solutions for our front office/risk systems.
- Provide support for in-house and 3rd party applications
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Quantitative Finance
- Experience with the Python ecosystem of common libraries and working knowledge of at least one statically typed language
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms, operating systems etc.)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming
- Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to high standards for code
- Interest or prior experience in the financial trading industry (particularly in fixed income) a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy, time-sensitive team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills