Garda Capital Partners (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 19 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Zug, Copenhagen, Singapore, and Scottsdale.
Garda is looking to hire a Tax Manager to be a part of our Accounting Team based out of our Wayzata office. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and Director of Tax.
- Provide external tax providers with accounting data for tax returns and respond to questions and other ad-hoc requests for data
- Review externally prepared tax workpapers, Federal and State tax returns, Schedule K-1s and PFIC statements, and non-US tax filings for both the management company and Fund
- Assist with tax planning and modeling on areas including but not limited to potential changes in tax law, transfer pricing, and foreign tax credit capacity
- Prepare certain tax filings and documentation in-house such as 1099 and 1042 reporting, transfer pricing documentation, and state PTET elections
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax estimates
- Manage Garda and Fund FATCA and CRS documentation and review investor and vendor tax forms
- Review Fund tax holdings for tax provisions, and prepare ASC 740 memos
- Respond to Fund investor and other stakeholder requests
- Assist team with accounting for Garda’s management company entities as needed, including preparing financial entries and reporting, responding to audit requests, and coordinating with external providers. Ensure adherence to US GAAP and Garda accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure Garda’s robust control environment is maintained across offices with regard to tax reporting, implementing improvements to ensure best in class oversight and managing tax filing tracker
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- 4-year degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of tax experience; preferably in the asset management industry
- Partnership tax experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage effectively with members of multiple business units such as Investor Relations, Middle Office, and Funding Accounting
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, time sensitive team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This role is also eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, healthcare plan, 401(k) matching program, etc. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education.