Gandeeva Therapeutics Inc. is a rapidly growing biotechnology company located in Vancouver, BC that seeks to harness the transformative power of cryo-EM technology and machine learning to design better drugs. Our methods overcome limitations in the use of X-ray crystallography for drug design and avoid discovery dead ends that can arise from the use of computational docking methods in the absence of experimental validation. Our automated workflows enable determination of relevant 3D structural information at the highest possible resolutions in combination with innovative biochemical methods to explore low-data targets, membrane proteins and protein complexes. Gandeeva seeks to achieve transformative societal impact on public health by revolutionizing drug discovery and by lowering the risk of late-stage clinical failures.
We are building an interdisciplinary and innovative team with biologists, chemists, microscopists, engineers, and software developers who will working closely together in state-of-the-art facilities that provides a stimulating environment reflecting our inclusive and welcoming culture.
We are seeking an experienced Scientist, Protein Biochemistry with demonstrated expertise in protein expression, purification, and analysis.
- Establishing and implementing gene-to-protein workflows to reliably express target proteins for structural biology and for use in drug discovery processes
- Analysis of purified proteins using biophysical and biochemical techniques
- Participation in structure determination and interpretation using cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography and NMR approaches
- PhD in a relevant discipline with 2+ years of related experience in industry or academic setting or MSc with 5+ years of experience in industry or academic setting
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in mammalian, insect, and/or microbial cell lines
- Expertise in purifying a range of different protein types using multiple chromatographic methods
- Expertise in protein analysis with HPLC and MS techniques
- Familiarity with biophysical methods for protein interaction or binding
- Ability to assay for protein enzymatic activity or function where appropriate
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Gandeeva Therapeutics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. A highly competitive compensation package along with comprehensive health benefits will be offered to successful candidates. Come join us in the beautiful city of Vancouver!