We are out of time. Change must be immediate. We have to help the world find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. Using less land, less water, less energy, and making less waste. If you think that sounds like a mission, well, you are right. We are solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY is an early-stage company developing novel in vitro plant cell culture methods to produce cotton, coffee, and other plant products in a process that is faster and uses fewer resources than if grown in the ground. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. We are currently looking for an executive assistant to be the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership. The Executive Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities and aide the CEO in facilitating the efficient operation of the organization. The candidate’s ability to learn quickly, thrive in a startup environment and optimize workflows are essential to support and help GALY fulfill its mission. The position requires a proactive problem solver person with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
Here’s What You’ll do:
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently;
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics;
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the highest-ranking executives company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow;
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks;
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld;
- Take minutes during meetings;
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 2 + years of experience;
- Fluency in Portuguese and English;
- Expert in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and other office productivity tools, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Detail-oriented and good time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Boston, MA
Work Visa Required.
What We Offer:
- Fast-paced environment with rapid growth opportunities
- Excellent full-time benefits, including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are the artists of a new era. We envision a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical burden we place on the planet and its people, especially those without opportunity. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today by building a much more sustainable and distributable form of agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing novel scale-up strategies for in-vitro production of cotton that have never been done on an industrial scale, we will achieve something truly new. To do this, we are gathering a team with highly diverse skills and experiences, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, sterile process development, bioreactor design, mathematics, statistics agriculture, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, fashion designers, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group on a mission to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are GALY.