We are out of time. Change must be immediate. We have to help the world find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. Using less land, less water, less energy, and making less waste. If you think that sounds like a mission, well, you are right. We are solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY is an early-stage company developing novel in vitro plant cell culture methods to produce cotton, coffee, and other plant products in a process that is faster and uses fewer resources than if grown in the ground. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. We seek a senior architect who will be responsible for warehousing our data, designing database architecture, centralizing data, and ensuring integrity across different sources, along with managing the team and overviewing performance. The candidate’s ability to learn quickly, thrive in the science and business environments and optimize workflows are important to support and help GALY fulfill its mission. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
Here’s What You’ll do:
- Proficiency in database design and development, data models, techniques for data mining and segmentation
- Develop and implement organizational data strategies aligned with business processes
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Manage end-to-end data architecture (selecting platform, designing technical architecture, developing an application, testing, and implementing)
- Define and manage the flow of data within the organization
Required Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineer or similar
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of systems development, including system development life-cycle and project management
- Proficiency in data modeling and design
- Strong sense of ambition and initiative. Capable of learning new techniques quickly and working independently
- A great team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and machine learning
- Business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Experience with office settings
- Strong time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are the artists of a new era. We envision a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical burden we place on the planet and its people, especially those without opportunity. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today by building a much more sustainable and distributable form of agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing novel scale-up strategies for in-vitro production of cotton that have never been done on an industrial scale, we will achieve something truly new. To do this, we are gathering a team with highly diverse skills and experiences, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, sterile process development, bioreactor design, mathematics, statistics agriculture, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, fashion designers, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group on a mission to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are GALY.