We are out of time. Change must be immediate. We have to help the world find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. Using less land, less water, less energy, and making less waste. If you think that sounds like a mission, well, you are right. We are solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY is an early-stage company developing novel in vitro plant cell culture methods to produce cotton, coffee, and other plant products in a process that is faster and uses fewer resources than if grown in the ground. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. We seek an IT Help Desk Analyst to set up new employees' laptops, maintaining the computer networks, providing technical support, and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. We seek a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized help desk employee to join our growing team. In this position, you will provide technical assistance and support to employees with computer systems, hardware, or software issues. You will also respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions; the candidate's ability to learn quickly and optimize workflows is essential to support and help GALY fulfill its mission.
Here's What You'll do:
- Operate systems, networks, programming languages, firewalls, and routers.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Respond promptly to service issues and requests.
- Provide technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Set up accounts and downloading all the required software for new users.
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary.
- Test new technology.
- Excellent communication skills and cool-tempered.
- Be a great team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar.
- 2+ years of hands-on help desk/PC technician/system and network experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Knowledge of cyber security tools such as Antivirus and VPNs.
- Experience with office automation products, databases, and remote control.
- Experience with computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving fundamental technical issues.
- Experience with upgrades and installations and common technical issues with Windows, Cisco networks, mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Familiarity with all the steps in the troubleshooting process for all kinds of errors and computer issues to quickly and effectively resolve employees' problems.
- Experience with researching, analyzing, and interpreting automated system problems.
- Experience with training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support.
- Experience with wired and wireless networks.
- Knowledge working with 2 different locations.
- Service-oriented attitude.
- Basic knowledge of networking: DHCP, DNS, Routing.
Availability to work part-time, from 8 am to 12 pm daily, no home office.
- Sunderland, MA - U.S. Work Visa Required.
- Moving to Boston in approximately 2 months.
What We Offer:
- Fast-paced environment with rapidly growth opportunities.
- Paid holidays.
GALY is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are the artists of a new era. We envision a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical burden we place on the planet and its people, especially those without opportunity. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today by building a much more sustainable and distributable form of agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing novel scale-up strategies for in-vitro production of cotton that have never been done on an industrial scale, we will achieve something truly new. To do this, we are gathering a team with highly diverse skills and experiences, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, sterile process development, bioreactor design, mathematics, statistics agriculture, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, fashion designers, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group on a mission to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are GALY.