We are out of time. Change must be immediate. We have to help the world find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. Using less land, less water, less energy, and making less waste. If you think that sounds like a mission, well, you are right. We are solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY is an early-stage company developing novel in vitro plant cell culture methods to produce cotton, coffee, and other plant products in a process that is faster and uses fewer resources than if grown in the ground. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. We seek an HR Analyst to work in person who has a dynamic and proactive profile. Responsible for collecting and compiling HR metrics and data, managing payroll, management, and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors' practices, and other sources. Identifying and assisting in solving HR-related issues, ensuring these adhere to the organization's policies and objectives. The job involves creating and delivering presentations and training across the business when required. Having strong communication skills is the key. You will build relationships with employees at all levels and liaise with partners or clients in some instances; the candidate's ability to learn quickly and optimize workflows is essential to support and help GALY fulfill its mission.
Here's What You'll do:
- Identify and work with the HR team to solve HR related issues;
- Communicate with employees when necessary and help with troubleshooting when business needs;
- Help with job audits and HR investigations and follow up with relevant parties;
- Provide advice and support to numerous departments in the organization regarding HR policies, processes, and best practices;
- Assist the HR team in the progression and moderation of operating policies, guidelines, and systems to encourage best practices within the company;
- Collect and compile HR metrics and data from a variety of sources
- Conduct payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors practices, and other sources;
- Analyze employees' answers to internal surveys (like job satisfaction surveys);
- Assess results from our employee performance reviews;
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations;
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture, including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance;
- May assist with classification audits to ensure that jobs are appropriately classified as exempt or nonexempt;
- May assist HR leadership with staffing, recruiting, and departmental budgets;
- May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in the HR area;
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's system, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- Knowledge in payroll and Massachusetts laws.
- Sunderland, MA.
What We Offer:
- Fast-paced environment with rapid growth opportunities;
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options;
- Life and disability insurance;
- 401(k) with company match;
- Paid vacation and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are the artists of a new era. We envision a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical burden we place on the planet and its people, especially those without opportunity. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today by building a much more sustainable and distributable form of agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing novel scale-up strategies for in-vitro production of cotton that have never been done on an industrial scale, we will achieve something truly new. To do this, we are gathering a team with highly diverse skills and experiences, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, sterile process development, bioreactor design, mathematics, statistics agriculture, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, fashion designers, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group on a mission to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are GALY.