We are out of time. Change must be immediate. We have to help the world find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. Using less land, less water, less energy, and making less waste. If you think that sounds like a mission, well, you are right. We are solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY is an early-stage company developing novel in vitro plant cell culture methods to produce cotton, coffee, and other plant products in a process that is faster and uses fewer resources than if grown in the ground. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. As a Plant Cell Culture Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for supporting and working together with our laboratory team with the primary objective of optimizing laboratory procedures and preparing and obtaining reliable test results. To be successful as a lab technician, you will need to be thorough in performing your duties, successfully maintain records of lab processes and equipment, and generate periodic reports to send to the lab manager. As such, this position requires the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.
Here’s what You’ll Do:
- Perform routine and non-routine tests and analyses using the appropriate technical equipment and instruments;
- Receive or collect, as well as process, samples;
- Calculate test results, and log and report results using a computer;
- Prepare and supervise experiments;
- Perform quality control and calibrate equipment if necessary;
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area;
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations;
- Perform medium preparation for growth and multiplication of in vitro culture;
- Know the equipment and compounds used in Plant Cell Culture;
- Work in a laminar flow cabinet using aseptic techniques.
Education & Qualifications:
- BS. in Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Engineering or other STEM-related fields with 0-4 years of experience in plant biotechnology, process engineering, molecular biology, plant development, biochemistry, physiology, or related field;
- Experience with designing and executing experiments, optimizing protocols, and analyzing data from assays for animal/plant cell research;
- Expert in G Suite/MS Office.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- São Paulo, SP
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Meal tickets;
- Health insurance;
- Childcare assistance;
- Assistance for physical activities (Gympass);
- Transportation/fuel tickets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are the artists of a new era. We envision a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical burden we place on the planet and its people, especially those without opportunity. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today by building a much more sustainable and distributable form of agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing novel scale-up strategies for in-vitro production of cotton that have never been done on an industrial scale, we will achieve something truly new. To do this, we are gathering a team with highly diverse skills and experiences, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, sterile process development, bioreactor design, mathematics, statistics agriculture, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, fashion designers, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group on a mission to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are GALY.