We are out of time. The change must be immediate, ASAP. We have to help the planet find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. And with no waste. If you think that sounded like a mission, well, you are right. We’re solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum M.S. Degree with 3+ years of experience in basic laboratory research;
- Experience with Plant Tissue Culture and Molarity;
- Experience with Fiber Development a plus.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. As a Scientist in Plant Cell Culture, you will be responsible for conducting laboratory activities involving the screening, selection, stabilization, and isolation of a high-producing cell line and carrying out experiments to test different culture conditions. As such, this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.
Responsibilities & Know-How:
Plant Tissue Culture
- - Work in a laminar flow cabinet using aseptic techniques;
- - Maintenance of the mother plants in the greenhouse;
- - Provide high-quality explant source;
- - Perform medium preparation for growth and multiplication of in vitro culture;
- - Know the equipment and compounds used in Plant Cell Culture;
- - Perform measurement of growth in Suspension Cultures (cell counting, packed cell volume, cell fresh, and dry weight);
- - Test the viability of cultured cells (phase-contrast microscopy, reduction of tetrazolium salts, fluorescein diacetate method, Evans blue staining);
- - Perform single cells culture isolation;
- - Knowledge of statistics;
- - Knowledge of the scientific method and experimental design (D.o. E);
- - Knowledge of morphology and anatomy;
- - Microscopy techniques (light, confocal, scanning, transmission, ultra-resolution);
Plant Biochemistry and Physiology
- - Knowledge of plant nutrition and its primary functions;
- - Propose improvements in the experiment protocol based on empirical and literature data;
- - Plant hormones;
- - Cell viability.
- Holambra, SP - Brasil
What We Offer:
- Fast-paced environment with rapidly growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and holidays.
GALY is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are artists of a new era. We are envisioning a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical turmoil we place on disadvantaged people and the planet. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today and therefore sparking a much more sustainable form of doing agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing intelligent scale-up strategies with cotton cells, as the in-vitro cotton production market has never been done on an industrial scale, we are capable of doing something truly new. With this mind, we gather a team of highly diverse subjects, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, bioreactor development, mathematics, statistics, designers, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group with a strong sense of purpose on a mission to find ways to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are creatives.