We are out of time. The change must be immediate, ASAP. We have to help the planet find alternative ways to produce all the same things we love. But better. And with no waste. If you think that sounded like a mission, well, you are right. We’re solving the world’s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. GALY's environment is built so everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree Biology, Biotechnology, or related field;
- 2+ years of experience with typical wet-lab procedures such as media prep, laminar flow hood use, operation of lab equipment such as centrifuges, autoclaves, etc;
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly technical results, needs, and plans;
- Experience with plant tissue culture a plus;
- Experience with greenhouse management or horticulture a plus.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people, and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. As a Lab & Greenhouse Manager, you will be ensuring that routine functions in our laboratory and greenhouse are proceeding smoothly. This support role will assist GALY scientists to make progress towards mastery of plant cell culture and processes. This includes managing laboratory supplies, maintaining lab equipment, prepping media or other reagents for research, communicating with scientists to understand needs for cells, plants, and other supplies, and managing the greenhouse staff to ensure timely and reliable delivery of plant material. You will also ensure your staff follows industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of test samples. You will often handle security documents and must ensure that all information and data collected in the lab is kept safe. This is a fast-paced environment that will often include helping hands-n with specialized projects to ensure completion by deadlines. The successful candidate will utilize her/his knowledge of general wet-lab procedures and organizational skills to support and help GALY fulfill its mission. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities & Know-How:
- Maintain a tidy, highly functional lab setting that can adapt quickly to new projects;
- Train lab technicians and assistants on the correct use of lab equipment, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab staff;
- Ensure the tech team follows industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of test samples;
- Schedule lab or equipment use time for the team;
- Responsible for purchasing lab supplies or preparing ordering lists;
- Handle security documents and must ensure that all information and data collected in the lab is kept safe.
- Amherst, USA – U.S. Work Visa Required.
What We Offer:
- Fast-paced environment with rapidly growth opportunities;
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options;
- Life and disability insurance;
- 401(k) with company match;
- Paid vacation and holidays.
GALY is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Who we are:
GALY is growing the future. We are an army of dreamers that believe scientists are artists of a new era. We are envisioning a world where we can still produce sought-after materials without the physical turmoil we place on disadvantaged people and the planet. That is why we are revolutionizing the way we produce goods today and therefore sparking a much more sustainable form of doing agriculture. However, nobody takes innovation seriously until you scale it. We are on it! By developing intelligent scale-up strategies with cotton cells, as the in-vitro cotton production market has never been done on an industrial scale, we are capable of doing something truly new. With this mind, we gather a team of highly diverse subjects, ranging from genetic engineering, plant cell culture, bioreactor development, mathematics, statistics, designers, high-performance automation, stylists, illustrators, creative business development, marketing and branding strategies. A group with a strong sense of purpose on a mission to find ways to save our planet. We are scientists. We are artists. We are creatives.