Over 80% of the world's data is unstructured (text, images, video, audio and more) and is now being leveraged for machine learning faster than ever before. ML is powered by data, but this data is always ridden with noise, garbage and biases. ML teams spend most of their time rummaging through the data to find and fix these errors.
At Galileo, we are building first of their kind data tools for ML teams working with unstructured data to auto-detect errors and fix their datasets, not in weeks, but in minutes. We call this ML Data Intelligence.
Galileo was founded by product and engineering leaders from Uber Michelangelo, Google AI, and Google Speech and is well funded by AI execs from Apple, leading academics from Stanford, the CEO of Kaggle among others. Our advisors include Pete Warden (co-creator of Tensor Flow), Amy Chang (Disney, P&G board member) among other industry veterans. We're building for the long term in a fast-growing market and are growing fast!
About this opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join as the first operations manager at Galileo, where you will be working alongside leading industry / academic veterans in a critical role to design, build, and scale our product.
We’re looking for an exceptional operations manager to work directly with the founders to drive the company towards greater efficiency, happier team members and satisfied customers as we scale.
Ideally you have:
- A startup mindset, biasing towards thoughtful action with minimal direction. You take complete ownership and have deep empathy for the team and our customer’s needs.
- 3+ years of experience in a people focused operations role at a high-growth company
- A keen sense for creating a strong team culture and doing whatever is needed to ensure that team members are always unblocked and happy
- Past experience with fostering and growing a user community across multiple channels
We have an office in San Francisco, but have team members across the US. Come join us!
Galileo was founded in May 2021 by product and engineering leaders from Google AI, Google Speech ML, Uber AI and Apple Siri, raised $5.1M from leading investors including AI execs from Apple, leading academics from Stanford, the CEO of Kaggle, Amy Chang (Disney, P&G board member) among various other industry veterans.
- This is an opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has previously led product and engineering teams from 0 to $100M+ in revenue and from 0 to 1B+ users globally.
- We invest in our team’s development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers – towards that end, we offer:
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Best in class medical, vision and dental insurance
- Annual wellness allowance for your mental or physical wellness needs
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 8 weeks