Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Bahamas, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
The Chief Compliance Officer of the Swap Dealer will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing Galaxy’s swap dealer compliance program for CFTC swap dealer activities. The swap dealer is a direct subsidiary of Galaxy Digital L.P. and sits within the sales and trading team.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for Galaxy’s CFTC swap dealer compliance program, covering swap activities in digital assets.
- Manage the swap dealer team with advisory coverage of swap dealer including sales and trading activity in the U.S. office, as well as the global impact of the relevant U.S. regulations.
- Evaluate new products, programs, services and business initiatives to ensure compliance issues are identified and addressed.
- Serve as a point of contact and manage relationships with the regulators (e.g. the NFA) with regards to swap dealer examinations, inquiries, and issues.
- Prepare the CFTC annual report that contains a description of the swap dealer’s compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Identify, investigate and remediate weaknesses in relevant policies, procedures, systems and training.
- Laisse with other teams within the swap dealer, such as Legal, Finance, Risk, Operations, and IT to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 7 years of legal or compliance experience/background preferably with a U.S. sell-side firm.
- Strong product knowledge and regulatory experience within the OTC derivatives and swap dealer businesses.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation and execution of swap dealer compliance program at a registered swap dealer.
- JD or MBA degree required; and
- Knowledge of the regulatory treatment of digital assets
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
The base salary ranges included below will be commensurate with candidate experience, expertise and local market. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise. At Galaxy, we maintain a total compensation philosophy which consists of a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and equity incentives.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact email@example.com.