Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
The Network Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day technical operations of the Network Engineering department, including staff management. This role is responsible for Network and Security Management, emergency response, design and deployment of new technology, and processes that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Network Engineering function
- Manage development of network policies and standards; proactively manage security and network systems that protect corporate data
- Recruit and train employees; develop growth opportunities; provide leadership for employee relations; effectively communicate job expectations; coach, train, and counsel employees; coordinate and enforce systems and policies
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Network Engineering matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service
- Hold the Network Engineering team accountable for their deliverables and ensure that projects are delivered by agreed timelines
- Develop systems and tools for effective task execution
- Implement, manage, and evaluate Network Engineering processes and procedures in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cisco Certification CCNP preferred, CCIE a plus
- 10+ years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology and assets
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience using Cisco systems, routing and switching using Cisco hardware and software
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols and TCP/IP, and network infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls
- Experience managing other Cisco Engineers (CCNA)
- Strong background in disaster recovery and business continuity
- Ability to work in both strategic and operational situations
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and firewalls a must
- Strong mentoring skills
- Experience in a high-availability, fast-paced environment
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health insurance for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact email@example.com.