Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced trading and investment operations support professional with a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets. You have at least two years of experience in back/middle office trading support at a financial institution, hedge fund or administrator, and want to leverage this experience to provide support to Galaxy’s trading and investment operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide full support to Galaxy Digital’s trading and investment operations
- Work in a fast-paced trading environment with daily interaction across multiple business units (Trading, Operations, Lending, Derivatives, Finance, Engineering)
- Manage all aspects of OTC derivative trade capture, reporting, and settlement
- Ensure operational processes are fully documented, tested and adequately supported
- Identify operational control gaps and suggest process improvements
- Respond to inquiries from counterparties, custodians and brokers
- Daily trade, position and cash reconciliations
- Facilitate frictionless settlements with over-the-counter counterparties
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years back/middle office experience working directly with derivative products including futures and options
- Expertise in the trade life cycle of derivative products
- Middle/back-office experience covering trade settlements, fail control, reconciliation of trade discrepancies, and client servicing
- Knowledge of accounting and reconciliation systems with a focus on derivatives
- An outgoing individual with a strong work ethic and a great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and multitask
- Self-starter with a strong desire to make processes more efficient
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with good communication skills
- Experience with programming (ex. Python) and/or scripting strongly preferred
- An interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Native level Japanese language ability + business level English
- Ability to seamlessly communicate with Japanese clients, banking partners, and Galaxy staff overseas
- Familiar with Cryptocurrency
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.