Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
The Compliance Associate will be responsible for maintaining the Firm’s compliance policies and procedures that are part of our robust BSA/AML compliance program across all business lines including but not limited to Trading, Lending, and Asset Management, focusing on KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) activities. This will include evaluation of client identification, risk profiles and other assessments. This role will interact with Senior Management, Legal, Technology, as well as clients, investors, and among other groups. This position will be physically located in the Bahamas.
What You’ll Do:
- OFAC, Sanctions, PEPS or adverse media: Conduct and review OFAC screens and research OFAC false positives and escalate potential OFAC issues for review; file OFAC reports if required.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence, review Customer Risk Ranking, conduct Enhanced Due Diligence, escalate potential AML risks with recommendations for mitigation.
- Conduct first-level review of all transaction monitoring alerts
- Investigating, analyzing and identifying AML alerts which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Implement respective BSA/AML and OFAC procedures and recommend procedure improvements based on regulations and industry practices that correspond to the Company's business model.
- Ensure appropriate adherence to CDD, EDD and Transaction Monitoring processes while providing a positive experience for clients
- Identify compliance and risk issues.
- Assist institutional clients and investors during the onboarding process, which will include questions regarding onboarding to Galaxy and also onboarding Galaxy to their platform
- Provide an exceptional “client-first” experience both through email and over scheduled phone calls with business personnel to properly ensure the correct guidance and information is given to clients and investors
What We’re Looking For:
- Preference for working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience conducting KYC onboarding reviews
- Experience conducting and dispositioning transaction monitoring alerts and cases
- Knowledge of BSA/AML, CDD, EDD, and Transaction Monitoring requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and functions
- Experience, knowledge and interest in cryptocurrency a plus
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.