Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
The Strategic Finance team works across all of Galaxy Digital, managing Investor Relations, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, and Sustainability. The Strategic Finance & Corporate Development Associate/VP will have a key role in crafting and executing Galaxy Digital’s strategy. Galaxy Digital is growing rapidly, and the Strategic Finance & Corporate Development Associate/VP will be expected to manage multiple complex projects and priorities that will be instrumental to the firm’s success. The Strategic Finance & Corporate Development Associate/VP will work closely with the Strategic Finance Co-Heads on projects across the team’s mandates primarily within Corporate Development, including deal and investment diligence and modeling, planning and deployment of organic and inorganic expansion strategies, and creation and management of operating performance frameworks for internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute financial analysis for planning cycles and company decision-making – requiring in-depth understanding of financial modeling, valuation, trend analysis, identification of risks/opportunities, and the proper communication of key recommendations to firm leadership.
- Analyze large data and financial sets quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations.
- Measure company performance vs. mid- to long-term goals, and assist in developing strategies accordingly.
- Partner with Galaxy business leads and operational functions in leveraging data and analysis to help them in making informed decisions.
- Provide strategic materials and talking points to senior leadership for key investor, client, and media events.
- Work closely with the Strategic Finance Co-Heads, as well as the full firm leadership team, in creating the company’s external and internal messages, and in ensuring that all company external and internal communications are integrated and consistent.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Financial Research, and/or Corporate Development/Venture Capital/Private Equity.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing capabilities and the ability to create high-quality presentations and materials.
- High level of discretion while dealing with sensitive, potentially market-moving financial information.
- Passion for solving complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Proven ability to interact, influence, and develop relationships at all levels / functions within the organization.
- Proven ability to transform ambiguous and unstructured ideas into a structured path forward to drive commercial opportunities for the firm.
- Track record of effectively managing multiple projects at the same time, and an ability to balance innovative / strategic focus with tactical implementation / execution.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
- In-depth understanding of, or experience in, FinTech or Financial Services companies
- Significant experience in financial modeling/analysis and with various valuation techniques
- Experience working at a high growth startup / tech company
- Passion for crypto and/or emerging technologies
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity
- 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partners and dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.