Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
We are looking for a highly motivated, talented and responsible software engineer with a strong C++ background to join our trading development team in NYC. You will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our platform and help define our product’s strategic direction through thoughtful design and solid development. Our team models complex data structures, patterns and relationships to build well architected execution strategies, and have a passion for high quality standards. Our software engineers work with quants, traders and product managers to implement market leading algorithms and strategies for crypto trading. As a key member of this team, you will be expected to design, code, test and deploy projects while working in a fast-paced environment. You may also be required to troubleshoot production issues when they occur.
Skills and Background
- Proficiency in C++ programming (OOP, Templates, Design patterns, Data structures)
- Proficiency in multithreaded programming, IPC and linux internals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive attitude to own issues and solve them
- Ability to work independently and a strong desire to automate and optimize
- Excellent team-player and communication skills Desired:
- Good knowledge of exchange connectivity, FIX protocol, market data handlers etc.
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages a big plus
- Familiarity with financial trading, specifically Crypto is a big plus
Here are some of the industry-leading benefits of working at Galaxy:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity
- 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partners and dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact email@example.com.